Weight Loss Surgery Cost
If you have private health insurance, you should contact your fund to confirm that you are covered for weight loss surgery. If you don’t have private health insurance or your policy doesn’t cover you, please note that some smaller private hospitals offer a discount to major hospitals for weight loss surgery and you can be operated on there to reduce the cost.
Please email us with your situation for a precise quote if needed.
- Insured patient = $3,800 (*all costs included)
- Uninsured patient = $14,500 (*all costs included)
- Insured patient = $5,500 (*all costs included)
- Uninsured patient = $15,500 (*all costs included)
* Cost shown includes all fees for Dr Clement Tsang + surgical assistant + anaesthetists + hospital fees + dietitian fee.
- Insured patient = $3,900
- Uninsured patient = $12,000
- Contact us for cost as different types of balloon to suit your circumstance.
MediPay specialise in payment plans for medical and surgical procedures. This might be an option if you are looking for a way to finance bariatric surgery.
You can also access your superannuation to pay for your care. The application for early super release is processed by the Australian Tax Office. You will need to complete an application form and obtain a written letter of support from both your GP and Dr Tsang. Dr Tsang will provide a letter of support upon request after your initial consultation. It takes about 3 weeks for the ATO to process the application and a further 4-6 weeks for your superannuation fund to release the funds to your personal bank account. Government information can be found on the ATO website or the Australian Government Department Human Services website.